Job Vacancy for Assistant Director of Nursing at Pantai Hospital Cheras – August 2015
Pantai Hospital Cheras is a 143-bedded private hospital and is strategically located in Taman Cheras Makmur, Cheras. It is well connected to other developing residential and commercial townships north and south of the Klang Valley by the Middle Ring Road (MRR) and the Cheras Highway.
It has since grown into a multi-disciplinary 143-bedded hospital with over 70 Consultants and 4 full-time Medical Officers. The hospital provides affordable quality healthcare which covers treatment from head-to-toe such as Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, Fertility, Orthopaedics and more.
Address: No. 1, Jalan 1/96A, Taman Cheras Makmur, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.
Under the general direction of the Director of Nursing, the ADON:
- Will be responsible for the effective management on all activities of nursing staff and non-nursing staff in quality customer service, provision of comprehensive care based on evidence, provision of supportive care, compliance with Hospital Policies and Procedures and adherence to Professional Practices.
- Navigating the system of care to ensure nursing services meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates in shared decision-making and coordinates day to day clinical operations with the nursing team and other heads of departments.
Facilitates and promotes clinical safety and risk management practices amongst nursing staff by encouraging open reporting.
Assists to formulate, review nursing standards procedures, guidelines including documentation regularly and when required.
Assists in identifying problem areas, recommend and implement improvements
- Assists in monitoring, analyzing and achieving quality objectives.
- Responsible for development and professional growth of nurses to deliver safe, competent and specialized patient care of the highest quality.
- Acts as mentor, coach & assessor to Nurse Managers, Assistant Nurse Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Supervisor(s) and senior staff.
- Assists to conduct performance evaluation of staff in the nursing division.
- Assists in the selection and appointment of staff.
- Assists to plan annual staffing and equipment budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience in management/leadership in a hospital setting.
- Ability to work under the direction of the DON and demonstrates desired leadership behavior that aligns with hospital vision, mission & values.
- Able to work independently and result oriented.
- Possess qualities of a team player and ability to maintain a harmonious nursing team.
- Committed in workload challenges.
- Experienced in Quality and Risk Management.
- Experienced in managing people.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board with a valid APC.
- Possess a post basic in specialized nursing.
- Possess a Degree in Nursing.
- Previous experience in managing multiple nursing areas is an added advantage
How to Apply
Please Sign Up/Login and send your application online via JobStreet HERE (Login to view details)
Closing Date: 13 September 2015