Apply as School Nurse at Garden International School – September 2015.
Garden International School (GIS) is the largest private, co-educational, British international school in Malaysia. Our schools are located in three locations : two in Kuala Lumpur, with an Early Years Centre and the main Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form campus, and a campus in Kuantan on the East Coast of Malaysia.
Accredited by the Council of International Schools, GIS has been teaching the British International Curriculum to both the local and the expatriate community of Kuala Lumpur since 1951. Today, GIS has over 2,000 students representing over 60 nationalities. GIS also has an excellent record of academic success and students from GIS go on to attend some of the major universities in the world.
The School Nurse should assist the Health Centre Manager in all aspects of the Health Centres’s work. He/she should be willing and able to work in either of the school’s Health Centres at the Bukit Kiara Campus and at the Early Years Centre in Desa Sri Hartamas. They should have their own transportation to move from one campus to the other when required.
- Registered nurse with degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably working with children and adults
- Experience in school nursing, child psychology and counselling an added advantage
- Candidates should have excellent nursing and communication skills, be highly organized, responsible and focused.
- Good team player, with excellent problem solving skills who is flexible and adaptable
- Provide basic first aid support in the event of accident or illness
- Support the Health Center Manager in ensuring the Health Centres are clean and hygienic
- Screen students, keep accurate records and undertake tasks and responsibilities as requested by the School and the Health Centre Manager
- Maintain medical and emergency equipment and ensure strict confidentiality regarding student and family health issues
- Assist the school to educate students on health related issues such as hand washing, head lice, puberty, sun safety, drinking enough water, first aid, diet and exercise
- Encourage a healthy environment in the school setting and take part in training and workshops provided by the school
How to Apply
Please Sign Up/Login and send your application online via JobStreet HERE (Login to view details)
Closing Date: 20 September 2015